Sat, Aug 20|
Tip Of Spear Inc
Defensive Tactics (PPCT) WITH BATON: August 20 to 24, 2022. Saturday - Wednesday
This course teaches the dynamics of arrest and control, with handcuffing and baton. Includes certification and recertification options.
Time & Location
Aug 20, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – Aug 24, 2022, 4:30 p.m.
Tip Of Spear Inc, 11217 149 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5M 1W6, Canada
About The Event
The Defensive Tactics course from Human Factors Research Group (HFRG) (formerly known as Pressure Point Control Tactics, or PPCT) is required by most employers before staff is permitted to handle handcuffs, and teaches the mechanics of arrest and control. It is a requirement from the Alberta Solicitor General to take the full 40 hour program to carry a baton. There are 4 options for this course:
1. Handcuffing certification - Saturday to Sunday
2. Handcuffing recertification - Sunday
3. Handcuffing & Baton certification - Saturday to Wednesday
4. Handcuffing & Baton recertification - Monday to Wednesday
If you would like your own copy of the manual, you may purchase one here under Tickets. Otherwise you may borrow one for the duration of the class.
Course Day-of Requirements:
- Clean INDOOR Running Shoes / Water Bottle / Snacks.
- Hygiene Expectations for Physical Training.
- Optional - Pen / notepad / Duty Belt-Handcuffs, flashlight, non-cut gloves, Handcuff Key. Physical training clothing. (NO STEEL TOE BOOTS).
This class certifies you for the first time to handle handcuffs. 16 hours / 2 day, on Saturday and Sunday. Price is $199 + GST.$199.00Tax: +$9.95 GSTSold Out
This class certifies you for the first time to handle handcuffs and baton. 40 hours / 5 day, from Saturday to Wednesday. Price is $399.00 + GST.$399.00Tax: +$19.95 GSTSold Out
If you would like your own copy of the manual, you may purchase one here. Otherwise you may borrow one for the duration of the class.$75.00Tax: +$3.75 GST